Tuesday, June 1, 2010

3 day weekend

First of all, good job to everyone that found the ticker at the bottom of the page! And for those of you that are curious, our due date is November 9th. We will find out what "flavor" the little one is on June 23rd, the day before my birthday. Until then, feel free to make your guesses in the poll on the right side of the page. Chad's guess is a dragon. (I redid the poll because Chad and Mark actually voted for Dragon so I took it out).

We had a very nice 3 day weekend. The weather finally decided to be more spring-like so we got to play outside more. On Saturday we went for our first bike ride/rollerblading outing. It would have been alot more sucessful if I had noticed that one of my tires was flat before we got to the park but that's ok. I also got to go on a walk with my good friend Michelle while Chad worked on homework. Chad and I also got to go to the temple in the afternoon which was nice. I am proud to announce that we met our goal of going to the temple twice a month, every month since we got married. Its a nice reminder of what's really important in this life.

Sunday was pretty typical. Yesterday, after a yummy brunch of omlets and hash browns, we cleaned our whole house. It wasn't the most exciting thing to do on a day off from work but we really needed to get the dusting done and deep clean. After that we went up the canyon with our friends Tom, Michelle and Josie and had a little bbq. It was alot of fun until, unfortunately, we had an accident with the grill and Josie (she's almost 3) got burned pretty bad on her leg. Luckily we had plenty of ice and she was a very brave girl. We finished off the day by watching a movie.

The only downside to having fun long weekends is that coming back to work is no fun. Oh well. Such is life. :)

4 comments:

Amy F. P. said...

I think it's going to be a boy, but I really want it to be a girl.

Watterson said...

My guess would be a girl.but sofar with our family its been whateveryour spouse is so i guess we will see. wow that went fast. I was thinking you dont look pregnant its not very fair. you are 4 months along and nothing sticks out. hopefully you will have some kind of bump by the wedding. a few inches in height makes a difference.

Tristan and Tom said...

Congratulations Kortney and Chad!! We are very excited for you guys. I want to see some pregnancy pictures!!

Heather said...

I was looking at the comments on our blog an realized that I don't have your blog on our blog list! We can change that :) Can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl!