Tuesday, June 29, 2010

24 on the 24th


Its true, I am now a 24 year old. For some reason that sounds alot older to me than 23 but I guess I'll get used to it. First of all, let me brag a little about my cake. Chad and I made it together. Its devils food cake with the best homemade cream cheese frosting you'll ever taste and fresh strawberries in the middle and chocolate covered strawberries on top... it was so good!
The day started with Chad making me breakfast. Isn't he sweet?

A bagel, eggs and hashbrowns... I am happy.

It was a typical work day. I'm the one that normally goes to buy birthday treats for my co-workers but since it was my birthday I told some of them that I didn't want to go buy my own treats. Good thing I work with all guys and they're whiners... I ended up going to the store and buying ice cream.
After I got home I got to open my presents. Hooray for a new watch, hand weights, coupons and a little extra money left over in the budget to get whatever else I want. :)

Time to blow out the candle!

Michelle, Tom and Josie brought me over a new friend (Meggie, you should bring Fran over and the 2 flamingos can have a party) and some coconut M&Ms. They're pretty tasty.

For dinner we went to Bajio and we both ordered something new. I got the taquitos and Chad got a mexican pizza. I'd say it was a fairly successful venture because both choices tasted good.

To top off the night, Chad took me to see Toy Story 3! It was really cute and I'm glad we got to go.
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

2 comments:

Amy F. P. said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. Your cake looks so yummy.

Tristan and Tom said...

Happy Late Birthday Kortney!! I felt the same way when I turned 24, it just sounds so much older.. Oh, and I'm excited you're having a girl, girls are fun! That's really funny that everyone (but one) thought you were having a girl and you are! By the way cute shirt!! Wish we could see you more often- we will have to plan a trip to Utah to see you guys sometime!!