Thursday, July 15, 2010

Back to the Motherland

As most of you know, last week Chad and I got to go back to Omaha for my brother Brian's mission homecoming/ family reunion. The whole family got to come, which made for a very packed house, but that's the way we like it! :) We got to Omaha on Saturday night. On Tuesday we got to go to the zoo. Isn't Nathan a cute lion? Ethan and Chad were good buddies. They wandered all over the zoo together. Isn't he going to make such a cute dad? Wednesday was the big day. Mom's camera died when we got to the airport so she used my camera to take pictures of everyone waiting. As soon as Brian started coming up the walkway, my camera died too! Good thing Amy had one. Thursday we went to Zorinksky park. Chad and I went on a walk part way around the lake. This is a picture of when we sat down for a break. And for all those curious, here I am being 5 1/2 months pregnant. We took a picture of Chad at 5 1/2 months pregnant too but I won't put that one up ;) Nick was a very good swing pusher. Friday was the Pincock Olympics! We had a limbo contest... A watermelon eating contest... Chad got 13 pieces down and then ended up blowing watermelon out of his nose for a few days. (I know you all wanted to know that). We also had long jumping, bean bag throwing, a frozen t-shirt contest (you'll have to look at Amy's blog for pictures of that), a pinata and seed spitting.
(I have some awesome videos but for some reason I can never get them to upload)
Saturday we played nerf tag in the morning and then set up for Brent and Becca's open house. It was a great week and we were super sad to have to come home.

2 comments:

Elise B. said...

yay for family time. How fun.

Amy F. P. said...

Kortney, you look so good for being almost 6 months--I've been meaning to tell you that.

And that is so funny about Chad and the watermelon.