We've had a fun couple of past weeks. It started out at the beginning of December when Chad finally got to get a tv. He's been waiting patiently and after over 2 1/2 years of not having one, I gave in. He's so happy!
We set up our tree at the begining of December and of course, Addi loved taking the ornaments off and eating them. I ended up just leaving ribbon at the bottom of the tree and having the ornaments covering the top 1/3.

It was our first Christmas that we didn't travel anywhere. It was a bit of an adjustment but I think we did fairly well at incorporating traditions. Keeping in line with the Pincock tradition of opening one present of Christmas Eve, we let Addi open our family present from my parents. She LOVES the scarves my mom made her and is constantly putting them on and
modeling for us.
We also read Luke 2 and had Addi dress up. Doesn't she make such a cute Mary with her baby bear as Jesus.

I was probably more excited for Addi to open her presents on Christmas morning than she was. Of course she got very spoiled and now I look around and think "Wow, my child has alot of toys and books! Why did I get her so many things?" but she loved everything she got and I'm glad that we are blessed enough to have the means to give her presents.
A few days later we went mini-golfing. We took one of our Gator golf clubs with us so Addi could play too and she did great! With a little help from Chad she almost got a hole in one!
Its kinda dark but this is what Addi ended up doing on the last few holes.
I'm glad we got to spend time as a family. Its so fun to have a few days out of the typical routine. Wow, I think that's enough for now. Maybe I'll get another post up soon with the rest of our happenings.




No comments:
Post a Comment