It seems like everytime I go to make a post, I don't feel like I have anything exciting to share, so I just end up not writing anything. I guess you're just going to have to deal with a boring post.
Our two week vacation for Christmas was awesome. Our first few days were spent in Omaha. We relaxed, went shopping, played dart tag, played knock out and ate a lot of good food. Everyone was very accomadating and instead of having a big family dinner and nativity on Christmas Eve, we had a brunch and then Chad and I headed up to Lakeville. The forecast was pretty grim but we managed to stay just ahead of the really bad snow storm that hit all of the Midwest and arrived in the EXTRA snowy Minnesota.
Christmas at the Every's was nice. Its a little different not having Christmas with a bunch of excited little kids but it was still very good. With all of the snow, Chad and I decided to make a fort, or as Chad would say... quinsy? Apparently that's the real name for a mound of snow that you dig out. I tried to write a message across the backyard but I made it too big to fit in one camera shot... it also made my lungs hurt to be jumping around so much in the frigid temperatures. Really Chad did most of the work but I feel fine about that.
We went back to Omaha for New Years Eve. Once again, there was a lot of good food and great family. We came home on the 3rd. It was alot of driving, almost 3,000 miles total but I think it was worth it.
Chad has been very busy with work, his church calling (he's in the Elder's Quorum presidency), and school since we came home. I'm learning that the time passes much quicker while he's gone if I have something to do. I've been reading quite a bit but since I got a sewing machine for Christmas, I've been feeling ambitious and want to do some kind of project. I have never been talented in the creativity department but the only way to get better at something is to practice... or something like that. So, if anyone has a cute decorating idea that I could try, I think I'm up to the challenge.
Alex is 17!
4 months ago


1 comment:
Oooo. Make a bag. There are so many fun pattern to choose from.
Post a Comment