So this past weekend was really nice. I was able to go up to Salt Lake to Jolayne and Conley's for conference and saw cousins (and their kids) and it was a bonus that Brent was there. We got to just hang out and talk and it was way nice to have him back for a few days. Chicago is far away... so is Michigan and Nebraska and Rexburg. I guess part of growing up is having family spread across the US. What a bummer. Good thing we have blogs and phones. I was talking to Mom the other day and she was saying how when she first got married, it cost like 25 cents a minute to call long distance so she couldn't call her mom very often. I'm glad I have a cell phone so I can call anytime I have a question or just need advice from Mom and Dad. Seriously, my parents rock! This past year has also given me the realization that my siblings are very good at advice giving as well. Really, the older I get the more I love and admire everyone in my family. If you can't tell, I'm kindof feeling like Christmas is a long ways away and even then, only 2/3 of everybody is going to be there. Anyway, I guess the point of this rambling was that I'm glad Brent got to come out for so long and I'm excited for Daddy to come in a few weeks.
Item of business number 2. I like cooking. I think its my creative outlet. I haven't tried making anything new recently and am making a request for suggestions of what to make. I'm thinking main dish suggestions and desserts will be my focus for this adventure. I know several of you have absolutely delicious recipes that you want to share with me... so load me up. I'm ready for a challenge! :) I guess you can either post your idea in a comment or you can email me several ideas (kpincock@gmail.com). I'm totally serious about this.
Item #3... Chad is back from his 5 day trip for work. YAY!!
Item D... (yes i know i'm numbering/lettering these differently) It smells like fall outside and it might snow this weekend. I love the smell... I don't know how I feel about the snow.
THE END :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Suggestion #1
Hot Chocolate
2 spoonfuls of hot chocolate mix
1 cup hot water
Stir thoroughly and enjoy!
;P
Hot chocolate sounded good today why havent i had any yet. Recently for desserts we have had brownies, peach cobbler, apple crisp, smoothies, and shakes. Most of these are enjoyed with ice cream. We get the country rich from walmart if you have room in your freezer. This could get long so I will email you main dishes.
Nice Suggestion Chad...you sound like a gormet cook. Maybe you two should try this one...don't forget to share :)
Dreamy Lemon Bars
(From Melissa Burnett)
Ingredients:
1 C. butter
4 eggs, well beaten
¼ tsp. salt
2 ¼ C. flour
½ C powdered sugar
2 C sugar
¼ C lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
Directions:
Cream butter, powdered sugar and salt, stir in 2 cups flour.
Press mixture into a 9x13 pan (don’t grease)
Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
Combine eggs, sugar, remaining ¼ c. flour, lemon juice and rind.
Spread over baked mixture and continue baking for 30 minutes
Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Cool, cut into bars.
Post a Comment