Friday, April 22, 2011

Addison is 6 months old

But that's not what this post is about. I wanted to share my sewing project for the week. We'll be going to Arizona in a few weeks and I was worried about Addi's head getting burned so I've been looking for a hat to buy. The problem is that all hats at stores are too big so I thought... "Hey! I'll make one".
So I found a few patterns online and combined them to make a cute hat. The other awesome thing about this project was that I didn't have to go buy any material, I had everything laying around my house. This was the first attempt.


As you can see it didn't really fit and you can tell from Addi's face how she feels about my sewing skills... "I love you mom... but maybe you should find another hobby." It turns out when I printed the pattern, it was automatically set to "shrink to fit on page". Hence the newborn/doll-sized hat. Too bad all of you that I know read this blog are having baby boys this summer otherwise you could have a cute hat to protect your darling baby from the heat of Las Vegas or Texas ;). So if there is someone that reads this that I don't know of and you are having a girl let me know.
Attempt 2 went a little better but is too big so I had to make some adjustments but it turned out ok.


I like the way the first one turned out better but oh well. She'll outgrow it by next year anyway right?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

CUTE!! I think you should stick with sewing--that hat is adorable. Can you sew me one if I decide to move to AZ? ;)

Elise B. said...

very cute. you can put the first one on her doll! Are you going to AZ for a wedding? I think Megs told me about it.

Mary said...

That is pretty darn cute, my friend. I'm not a big fan of hats on babies, but I really like this one - and I'm impressed with your sewing skills. :)

James and Monica said...

I didn't know you sew! what else have you made? It's fun isn't it?
I think it turned out super well and the fabric choice was great for her little hat! Very impressive skills! Good luck in Arizone. ;)

James and Monica said...

*arizona