We flew out to Omaha on Christmas Eve and arrived about 5:00 pm, just in time for the Christmas Eve dinner tradition of hamburgers. After dinner we acted out the nativity. The Pincock family just keeps getting bigger so my parents have gotten creative with the available roles we have to choose from. I was a wicked Nephite, Chad was the donkey and Addi was Baby Jesus. (The reason we weren't Mary and Joseph is that Brent and Becca are the newest married couple. I think they might have been the most accurate looking Mary and Joseph we've ever had... that long dark hair of Becca did the trick). Oh shoot, this is already getting long...
The whole break was good. We had fun playing dart tag, going to the zoo, playing games, going to the temple and Addi loved the constant attention she got from everyone.
We flew home bright and early on the 3rd. Addi did great and slept the whole time. It was a little late but Addi had her 2 month wellness checkup on the 5th. At the time she measured 23 1/4 inches and 10 lb 6.5 oz. She did NOT like her shots (who does?) but we survived the day.
On the 10th I returned from maternity leave for my first and last day of work. In order to get my bonus, which everyone else got in December while I was gone, and to get paid for the 12 vacation days that I had saved up I had to go back for at least a day so that's what I did. Our good friends Michelle and Tom watched Addi for the day and the following evening we had my retirement party. :)
Addi is now 3 months old and a bundle of fun. I love her little smile! She is looking more and more like a little girl instead of a newborn baby and just keeps getting cuter. Everyone comments on how much she looks like me and to be honest, its fun having a little mini-me. :) I think I can probably see pieces of Chad in her better than people that just pass by but she does have quite a bit of me in her. This past week she started sleeping in her crib in her own room. It was probably harder on me than her but we're all pretty well adjusted now. Ok, I guess that's enough for now.






3 comments:
Cute baby! Jeff and I think Addison is a perfect mix of you and Chad. She looks just like you and just like Chad. Glad you had a good Christmas.
How fun!Addi is getting so big! I can't believe it! We gotta talk soon!
I just want to hit the "like" button a million times! I'm going to call you soon. I have something for you.
Post a Comment